Carers Bromley supports carers of all ages living in the London Borough of Bromley. The Young Carers Service supports young people who are aged between 4-18 years and who live in a family where someone is affected by a long term illness, disability, mental health issue, alcohol or substance misuse or HIV.
The Young Carers Service aims to provide the following:
- One to one support, opportunities to talk to someone who will listen – please click here for more information.
- Opportunities to meet other young carers
- Bi-monthly workshops for 10-18 years
- Bi-monthly workshops for 18-25 years
- Age appropriate activities for 4-18 years
- VOICE YC - the Young Carers Forum
- E-news and regular social media updates
- Help with accessing funding
- We have a library of young person friendly literature for young carers, click here for list of examples, please contact us on freephone 0800 015 7700 to find out more.
This link shows a short preview of a CBBC programme, featuring Shimoye and Chloe from Carers Bromley
Two young carers from Carers Bromley were interviewed and their story was turned into an animation film for Children's BBC's Newsround