Carers Bromley supports carers of all ages living in the London Borough of Bromley. The Young Carers Service supports young people who are aged between 4-18 years and who live in a family where someone is affected by a long term illness, disability, mental health issue, alcohol or substance misuse or HIV.
The Young Carers Service aims to provide the following:
- One to one support, opportunities to talk to someone who will listen – please click here for more information.
- Opportunities to meet other young carers
- Activities (during school holidays)
- Health information sessions (Over 10s)
- Young Carers Forum (over 11s)
- Teenage Support Group (over 15's)
- Help with accessing funding
- We have a library of young person friendly literature for young carers, click here for list of examples, please contact us on freephone 0800 015 7700 to find out more.
Carers Bromley - Young Carers Performing Arts 2015
The Surprise Surprise Christmas Express!
Carers Bromley - Magic Media Crew Welcome Video
This link shows a short preview of a CBBC programme, featuring Shimoye and Chloe from Carers Bromley
Two young carers from Carers Bromley were interviewed and their story was turned into an animation film for Children's BBC's Newsround