Our Carer Support Groups offer a safe, confidential space to meet with other carers and are facilitated by trained staff. Support groups can help you to: cope with caring responsibilities; receive emotional, social and information support, if needed; meet, discuss and learn from other carers in similar situations; alleviate some of the isolation felt by many carers; and enable carers to have an opportunity to support each other.
Support groups are held throughout the borough and carers are welcome to attend a support group of their choice.
Groups are held:
• Beckenham Support Group on the second Friday of the month from 1pm to 3 pm
• Biggin Hill Support Group on the third Wednesday of the month from 1.30pm to 3pm
• Carers Coffee Morning on the third Thursday of the month from 10am to 12pm (in Orpington)
• Dementia Support Group on the last Thursday of the month from 1.30pm to 3.00pm (in Beckenham)
• Let’s Get Crafty on the first Wednesday of the month from 1.30pm to 3.30 pm (in Orpington)
• Mental Health Carers Support Group on the second Tuesday of the month from 6pm to 7.30pm (in Bromley)
• Orpington Support Group on the last Monday of the month from 1.30pm to 3.30pm
To find out more about the groups and where they meet, please call the Carers Helpline 0800 015 7700.
Please note that the groups do not meet in August and December.